We believe that:
- A child’s confidence, curiosity, compassion, and creativity are most inspired when they see abundant representation of their race, ethnicity, culture, ability, and gender identity in school staff, curriculum, delivery, and activities.
- Le Monde leadership supports DEI and is working hard to ensure these values.
- Parents, caregivers, and school staff can work together effectively to support Le Monde’s DEI goals.
- Tracking equity, diversity, and inclusion efforts and making this information accessible to Le Monde families is critical for transparency and accountability.
- Efforts to increase equity, diversity, and inclusion must be intentionally cultivated and continually assessed and reviewed.
- The lived experience and perspectives of underrepresented students and their parents matter and add value to decision-making processes.
- How underrepresented students and their parents feel about their representation in school education is important and deserves acknowledgement.
- Oppression is intersectional: racism, sexism, ableism, classism, and heterosexism must be examined and dismantled in concert.
- Talking about race, racism, and race equity is necessary, even if uncomfortable; de-centering white perspectives is necessary to make space for diverse racial, ethnic, and cultural perspectives.
- Talking about gender, gender expression, and gender identity in children is necessary, even if uncomfortable; de-centering cis-gender and heteronormative persectives is necessary to make space for gender diverse perspectives.
- Talking about disability is necessary, even if uncomfortable; de-centering ableist perspectives is necessary to make space for the perspectives of those with disabilities and their advocates.
- Unconscious biases do exist and disproportionately affect children of color, particularly Black boys, and can be overcome with awareness and training.
- Educational settings are crucial environments for creating platforms for cultural exchange and mutual understanding.
Ways to Be Involved
Attend an Event or Activity.Participate or volunteer.
Attend a Meeting.All are welcome.
Join our Leadership Circle.Support & Be Supported.